Today, I am sharing about the
feature added android latest
version i.e:"Android Lollipop".
1. Material design
A bold, colorful and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across all
-Android 5.0 brings Material design to Android and gives you an expanded UI toolkit for
integrating the new design patterns easily in your apps.
-New 3D views let you set a z-level to raise elements off of the view hierarchy and cast
real time shadows, even as they move.
- Ripple animations are available for buttons, checkboxes, and other touch controls in
- Animated and non-animated drawables based on XML vector graphics
- A new system-managed processing thread called RenderThread keeps animations
smooth even when there are delays in the main UI thread.
- The RecyclerView widget
- Drawable animation and styling effects
- Material design animation and activity transition effects
New ways to control when and how you receive messages – only get interrupted when
you want to be.
- View and respond to messages directly from your
lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive
content for these notifications.
- For fewer disruptions, turn on Priority mode via
your device’s volume button so only certain people
and notifications get through.
- Or schedule recurring downtime, such as from 10.00 p.m. until
8.00 a.m., when only Priority notifications can get through.
- With Lollipop, incoming phone calls won’t interrupt what you’re watching or playing.
You can choose to answer the call or just keep doing what you’re doing.
- Control the notifications triggered by your apps; hide sensitive content and priorities or
turn off the app’s notifications entirely.
- See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
Power for the long haul
- A battery saver feature that extends device use by up to 90 mins.
- Estimated time left to fully charge is displayed when your device is plugged in.
- Estimated time left on your device before you need to charge again can now be found
in battery settings.
Keep your stuff safe and sound
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost
or stolen devices.
- Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device
like your wearable or even your car.
5. Device sharing
More flexible sharing with family and friends
- Multiple users for phones. If you forget your phone, you still can call any of your
friends (or access any of your messages, photos, etc.) by simply logging in to
another Android phone running Lollipop. Also perfect for families who want to share a
phone, but not their stuff.
- Guest user for phones and tablets means you can lend your device and not your info
- Screen pinning: pin your screen so that another user can access just that content
without messing with your other stuff
Enhanced low-vision and colour-blind capabilities.
- Boost text contrast or invert colours to improve legibility.
- Adjust display to improve colour differentiation.
Bolder graphics and improved audio, video and camera capabilities.
- Lower latency audio input ensuring that music and communication applications
that have strict delay requirements provide an amazing realtime experience.
- Multi-channel audio stream mixing means professional audio applications can now
mix up to eight channels including 5.1 and 7.1 channels.
- USB Audio support means that you can plug USB microphones, speakers and a
myriad of other USB audio devices like amplifiers and mixers into your Android device.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of
mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
8. Runtime and performance
A faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- ART, an entirely new Android run time, improves application performance and
- Up to 4x performance improvements.
- Smoother UI for complex, visually rich applications.
- Compacting backgrounded apps and services so that you can do more at once.
A better Internet connection everywhere and more powerful Bluetooth low energy capabilities
- Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity. For
example, continue your video chat or VoIP calls without interruption as
you leave the house and switch from your home Wi-Fi back to mobile.
- Improved network selection logic so that your device connects only if there is a
verified internet connection on Wi-Fi.
- Power-efficient scanning for nearby Bluetooth low energy (“BLE”) devices like
wearables or beacons.
- New BLE peripheral mode.
10. OK Google
Easy access to information and performing tasks
- Even if your screen is off, you can say "OK Google" on devices with digital signal
processing support such as Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.
- Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.
11. Coming soon: Android TV
Support for living room devices
- User interface adapted for the living room.
- Less browsing, more watching with personalised recommendations for content like
films and TV shows.
- Voice search for Google Play, YouTube and supported apps so that you can just
see what you want to see.
- Console-style Android gaming on your TV with a gamepad.
- Cast your favourite entertainment apps to your big screen with Google Cast support
for Android TV devices.
for more check below linkss: